Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cheese and Spinach Quiche - 1

I tried a few recipes from online for spinach quiche and here are my favorites. These are altered versions of my own. I basically wanted a variety without pie base, since its high in calories. Most of the times we eat quiche for breakfast.

Source: cooks.com
Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten (replacing with equivalent egg whites works well)
1 c. warm milk
1 lb. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 cups)
1 pkg. chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 c. flour (I use Bisquick)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 stick butter (or vegetable oil)
1 cooked and sliced potato (optional, my own addition)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp Black pepper (optional)

Method:
Mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and baking powder. Add cheese and spinach. Melt butter in pie pan. Pour into mixture. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment